Friday 7 October 2011

Can someone give me an advise in choosing a major?

Hi.



I am a college student currently majoring in sociology. However,



I am unsatisfied with it, and considering changing my major.



I would like to get some advise on choosing a major.



Oh. Please don't recommend any of those science/math related



majors (Bio/chem/physics/accounting/management,鈥?br>


Something that can lead to a job that is in demand instead of



OVERPOPULATED so that the chances of getting that job is



only like 1 out of 10,000. And no social work, since that's like the



reason why I am considering changing my major. Don't get me



wrong. I am not asking you to introduce me to a job that doesn't



require any studying. Just decent competition to the minimum.



I am thinking about becoming an Urban/Regional Planner, so



does anyone know anyone with experience in that job?



Have a nice day.
Can someone give me an advise in choosing a major?
Hate to tell ya... but the science/math degrees usually carry the most mileage in finding a job, at least at the undergrad level. If you really don't know what you want to do, a business degree is pretty flexible as far as finding employment after graduation. If I had it all to do over again, I'd probably major in math, since you an get a graduate degree in just about anything if you've got a math undergrad.
Can someone give me an advise in choosing a major?
the best time you can spend in your life is what your heart tells

you. i am also educated, but i am a wife and a mother never

thought it woulld be the best thing i ever done in my life.

look in to yourself. the answer is there
I majored in Advertising/Graphic Design. It has been very hard for me to find a job with a competitive salary, mainly because I do not want to move far from home. I suggest thinking about where you want to work and live, such as a large city like New York or somewhere rural like the South.
talk to a counselor at your school....they specialize in helping people choose majors...tell them of your interests and goals.
i was a sociology major. I got my degree and everything. Now, i'm in real estate. If I had to do it all over again, i'd go into pharmacology. You can get $100,000 a year job right after graduating. I know this isn't much help, but i'm trying to get points to move onto the next level.....
health care, diatician, and so on are very much in demand.