Wednesday 26 October 2011

Changing Psychology major to Journalism? Need advice!?

My ultimate dream job would be working as a Journalist in a women's magazine such as Cosmo or Allure. I would love to live in New York City, a place I have always admired and loved. I would consider myself very social and outgoing and I've always been told that my writing skills are excellent which would make a career in journalism perfect for me.



I am currently a first year student at UCF majoring in Psychology. So far I have completed 2 courses toward my actual major and consider Psychology a passion as well. The courses are interesting and very applicable since we are in fact learning about the people around us. I'm hesitant to change my major from Psychology to Journalism and want to know if it really is necessary to have a degree in Journalism or English in order to break into the field. I might consider changing my minor to English or Magazine Journalism. Would that be good enough or is a Journalism major essential for what I want to do?



Thanks!
Changing Psychology major to Journalism? Need advice!?
http://www.degreeblog.info/114_university.html
  • xp
  • band myspace
  •