Wednesday 26 October 2011

Will a somewhat major change about the savings of my fafsa be bad?

I already received the financial aid letter from the college of my choice, but the family needs to go to an emergency trip overseas because of a family situation. This would mean reducing the amount I put on the question about savings by about 10K if the whole family goes. Will the university make an adjustment on my financial aid amount as a result, or would they not change it anymore because they already gave me a financial aid letter?
Will a somewhat major change about the savings of my fafsa be bad?
If I recall correctly, that question says, %26quot;As of today, how much do you (or your parents) have in cash saving and checking?%26quot;



This refers to the day you first filled out the form, this information was correct on the day you filled it out.... - and signed by you and your folks with your pin number.



Changing it isn't likely going to change your financial aid amount because it was correct on the day you filled it out.
Will a somewhat major change about the savings of my fafsa be bad?
I guess it would really depend on the university you are going to, some might allow adjustment if the deadline has not past yet or if the problem is serious enough