Wednesday 26 October 2011

Changing from Accounting Major?

I'm about 3 months into college now taking an accounting major. Anyways, although I did well in my accounting course (Financial Accounting I), I feel as if though this major is not for me at all. And for several reason, first ... I hate repetition and an accountant basically does the same thing day-in and day-out. Second, I don't really like numbers all that much. Third, I wouldn't want to spend 8+ hours a day sitting behind a desk and punching numbers in a computer %26gt;.%26lt;.





The reason I went into accounting is because the thing I wanted to study costs a lot! (I wanted to become a Pilot and I still do, but my parents can't afford the fees). Anyways, I'm thinking of changing my major from accounting to Banking %26amp; Finance. Do you think this is a good idea? What are the pros and cons of this decision in your opinion? Any helpful details of Banking %26amp; Finance that I should know about? What jobs can I get from this degree? Is it boring and repetitive as accounting? PLEASE DON'T SPARE ANY DETAILS. I want to know anything and everything that can help me.



Other possible choices are: Management, Marketing
Changing from Accounting Major?
I think you would be switching to another major that you would feel the same way about. They are very similar. You would still be behind a desk all day crunching numbers. If you aren't into numbers then why don't you look into some of the social sciences?
Changing from Accounting Major?
Marketing
Banking and Finance will be just as boring, but you will already know a lot of the curriculum and probably have taken a lot of the required courses.



However if you want to have a higher salary go for management or if you want to be more creative then marketing.

  • ittwit
  • creating file
  •