Wednesday 26 October 2011

What should i do...i am planning to change major from nursing to accounting...but should i?

do associates in accounting or bachelors.I know bachelors is better,but i dont want to wait 4 years without supporting my family(parents)..if i do the associates ,it can be done within 2 years...but will i actually get a decent paying job with an associate degree...what should i do...i really want to support my family...

also is 25 year too old to graduate with bachelors in accounting...

thank you
What should i do...i am planning to change major from nursing to accounting...but should i?
25 is definitely not too old to graduate with a degree. i am in the accounting field and i can say that you do not necessarily need an accounting degree.



A coworker of mine had a degree in physiology but took several accounting courses at a university (so that he may be eligible to sit for the CPA EXAM). Even if you have an accounting degree, you are nothing until you have a CPA license. I have an econ background and have been in accounting for 3 years. Being around all my peers, i can tell you that accountants are poor but they know how to save money since all we see is numbers. Until you are an accounting manager or director, which requires a CPA... you won't make the same amount as a RN. Honestly, if I were to go back in time, I would be a nurse.



But to answer your question...

I'd say take the associates first, and if you REALLY enjoy it, im sure you can transition to the B.S. degree easily.