Friday 7 October 2011

What major is better accounting or finance and why?

Im currently studying finance in a university and I'm thinking of changing my major to accounting because I've heard that accountants have a better vision for investing, I need help from people who know more.. Thanks a lot : )
What major is better accounting or finance and why?
I prefer accounting over finance, because there are in fact more jobs out there for accountants over finance jobs. That being said though, if your main goal is to become an expert at investing, then finance is the right choice. Finance is more difficult than accounting, but it does give you better insight on how to interpret and choose between different investing opportunities (at least presumably it does).

-----------

I'm a Mathematics degree holder from the University of Washington, so I'm quite comfortable with formulas (to say the least). But the finance classes I took - well, to be honest, they kicked my a$$ more or less (more rather than less :-). So I went into accounting instead as a side route, and that's where I ended up. I charge $50 per hour to do small business bookkeeping - from the comfort of my own home, by the way.

I don't commute - nothing. I'M the boss. I have the software, my PC, a printer and paper, and my knowledge. For me, it's a very low overhead, hence high-profit business.

----------

Good luck with whatever you choose! Best wishes from Seattle :-)
  • howtobefriendswithagirl
  • uk hosting
  •