Wednesday 26 October 2011

Changing my major to finance from Accounting?

I'm going to be a junior in college the fall and currently a accounting major. I didn't do well in my lower level accounting courses ( I got a D and C) and I'm contemplating on changing my major to finance. I feel like If I do finance, I will have to know a lot of crap about what's going with the economy. I know what's going on, but I probably wouldn't be to throughly explain it. Also, I feel like I have to be an effective communicator, which I feel that I'm not. To be honest, I'm African-American, and I feel that being black hurts me because I don't sound like my white peers. so that's the main reason why I think I'm not a good communicator. ( sad) I really like accounting, my plan is to complete my undergrad degree as a finance major and go on to grad school and do Accounting. I would be more mature and will be able to complete my in Accounting successfully. I just want hear someone else's advice on this topic. please helppp mee!!! : (
Changing my major to finance from Accounting?
Since your requirements might be a c minus or better for all of your major classes, you might have to change it to finance. You likely will take the same classes and you can even minor in accounting while you finish undergrad. You might have to talk to an advisor at your University. I was in a similar situation.