Friday 7 October 2011

What kind of careers can get from being a hospitality business major?

I am thinking about changing my major to hospitality business, and I want to look into career fields before I make the change. Help?
What kind of careers can get from being a hospitality business major?
Management of hotels, restaurants, resorts, and places of the sort. Horrible job if you ask me. I work in the restaurant business. I'm a peon so I work my 5-7 hours and go home and never give a second thought about that place when I'm gone. The managers are working 10-12 hour days most of them look miserable. They have to deal with a constant turnover in workforce. Customers who aren't happy they have to go to table and kiss butt until customer is happy. I make less money a lot less but I didn't go to school either. If I were to go back to college the last thing I'd major in is anything where I had to work as management in hospitality. Too many hours, too much of a headache, and far too much kissing the publics butt.
What kind of careers can get from being a hospitality business major?
it will most likely be something hotel or restaurant related - meaning you will probably have to work at least one day almost every weekend and/or you may get stuck with the 11pm-7am shift as a hotel desk clerk - very rarely will work normal 8-5 schedule - lots of evenings/nights/weekends/early mornings, possibly long hours with no OT pay
Go to: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Hospita鈥?/a>