Friday 7 October 2011

I want to work for mivie inductry and make 3-D movies. What major should I choose in university?

I'm a freshman, thinking of changing my major to a more useful and specific field. I'm majoring in visual communication, my classes are very broad. I seem to have learnt everything, but nothing specific. I'm very worried about not getting a job. I heard that 3-D industry has bright future...?
I want to work for mivie inductry and make 3-D movies. What major should I choose in university?
Much of today's technology for producing 3 dimensional motion pictures is CGI or computer generated images. I would strongly suggest taking programming classes, photoshop, and other digital image technology classes. You should also include some studies on optical perception. Furthermore if you are anywhere near to a company that partakes in this area I would suggest volunteering to be an unpaid apprentice. Education and experience will help you move forward. Unless you are going to a film school then most universities wont have the in depth classes you need. Investigate if your school offers media and technology as a major.