Wednesday 26 October 2011

Changing my major...good idea or not?

Currently I am in my fall semester of Junior year. I am a Nursing major going for an RN. I am in danger of failing 2 classes- Pharmacology and Health Assessment. I already have one semester's worth of clinical hours done. If I do end up failing these courses, i am going to consider a change of major, however I don't want to lose all the credits I have thus far. What are some careers I could go for that need the same classes, and are also 4 year courses like nursing is? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Changing my major...good idea or not?
Well, I would have suggested pharmacy, but since you're flunking Pharmacology, maybe that's not such a good idea?



Have you considered a Physician's Assistant program? Or some sort of occupational or physical therapy? You could also drop back and look at Clinical Psychology, but you'd probably %26quot;waste%26quot; your hard science courses. Psychiatric Social Work may also be a possibility.
Changing my major...good idea or not?
when you change majors, your courses taken MAY be used to fill in the free electives for the new major. Otherwise you 'lose' them.



Why not put yourself in better shape to pass? better to get the credits. Also, if you change major with a couple of F grades, your GPA will always carry those F grades.........



Go get extra help from your profs.....
  • rodents
  • hardware support
  •